Monday, April 4, 2011

I Work Hard for the Money

As college students, we pay out the wazoo for our education. Some is covered by the government, some if its covered by scholarships, and some of it is covered out of the wads of cash in your pocket. Ha. Brilliant. Last time I looked in my pocket, all I had was a gum wrapper and beeswax lip balm. Therefore, I need a job. Hence the reason why I work at a library during the school year. However, when the second semester comes to an end and the college tells me to scat, the dough stops. No more nights of racing through the stacks looking for "the book," the one that will change your research paper forever. No more searching for articles that don't exist. I will miss putting the books back, though. I would alway come out with a good five books I would check out. But I digress. 

Anyways. College = need for money, which I don't really have. Money, that is. Therefore, I need a summer job. 

I got one. 

Drum roll, please.....

I am working in a hardware store. 

Yep, I did not write that by mistake. 

I will spend my summer working with my dad at a hardware store as a cashier. My dad called me the other day to talk about said job and he told me that I would have to take quizzes so that I could learn what they sell in a hardware store. 

"Dad, I know what a hammer looks like." 

My Dad's rebuttal was that while it was a start, I wouldn't be able to talk about 19th century Victorian Literature with the customers. 

I told him I was going to start a Jane Austen Book Club in the warehouse. 

So, my worries are over. I have a job. It should be quite interesting, watching the girl in skinny jeans and converse shoes run around looking for nails and whatnot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment