Friday, April 1, 2011

The Art of Blogging

I have tried blogging before. I have tried to share my thoughts with the Internet world numerous times. Somehow, the burning desire (though I'm not really sure it's this intense) to let the world peek into my brain has been blown out. It must have been my mother. Blowing out my flame, that is. She says I have more productive things to do or that the dishwasher needs to be unloaded. When I have my own house the dishwasher will serve two purposes: to wash the dishes and to be a make-shift cabinet for all my housewares. Talk about brilliant thinking. That's why I go to college.

And, that's why I can blog now without being told I'm not productive or worry about the stinking dishes. Instead, I sit in  class or at my job most of the day. When I'm not doing said activities, I am doing scholarly work such as working on a Beatrix Potter research paper or trying to understand the violence being used in journalism. Let me tell you, it doesn't get much better than that. Well, sleep would be better because I don't get any. The bags under my eyes look like they went on a shopping spree.

I also started a blog today because my good friend Sam told me she started a blog. Fifteen minutes ago. Since I am on a Facebook fast right now, I was feeling a little left out on the Internet. So, I am setting out to blog once more. Buckle in folks. This adventure is about to begin.

1 comment: