Thursday, October 27, 2011

Getting Lost in the Literary Abyss

NaNoWriMo.

Yep, you read that correctly.

You are probably looking at this spastic collision of words and wondering what in the world I am going to write about. Some of you have probably decided that I'm a couple Crayolas short of a 96 pack.

National Novel Writing Month happens every year during the month of November. Writers from all over the world sign up to participate in a 30 days and nights of literary abandon (as the website states). What is this literary abandon I am speaking of?

It's writing a novel. In 30 days. No less than 50,000 words.

This sounds like my kind of crazy.

I am lucky enough to have comrades on my adventure. A couple of my friends that I go to college with are prepping for this month of literary craziness, as well. It's comforting to know that I might not be the only one with carpal tunnel, clothes soiled in ink, and consistent messy buns every day (flip hair over, gather it up, wrap hair with hair-tie. simple right?)

My next step is to finalize what I want to write my novel about. I have a couple thoughts, but ideas and thoughts of what you would like to see me write would be greatly appreciated. You can leave a comment on my blog or post it on my Facebook wall.

If you would like to join in on the month of literary abandon go to www.nanowrimo.org/

Happy Writing :)

2 comments:

  1. I hate to say this, but November only has 30 days, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, you are correct. This is what happens when I put off all sleeping until I am out of college. Thanks for catching that! :)

    ReplyDelete