Saturday, October 8, 2011

And So We Carved Pumpkins



It may only be October 8th, but the next time I'm going to be home is probably Thanksgiving. Therefore, I took my Columbus Weekend Break to celebrate the fall in its fullest. I woke up early and headed out to the apple orchard with my mom, grandma and sister.Where there were 8 million people. Why am I surprised that an apple orchard during Columbus day weekend, on a day that was 75 degrees, was bustling full of people? I honestly don't know. People were walking in front of cars, elbowing each other to get to the front of the line and sitting on my lap so that they could take a picture of their kid next to a cornstalk. How festive.

So, I may not have been in the best mood. I will admit that I am sometimes adverse to large crowds. However, once my mother set a wonderfully delicious funnel cake in front of me, all of the world was right once more.

Then came the pumpkin carving. How do you celebrate the fall without pumpkin carving? You don't, so I conned my brother and sister into carving pumpkins tonight (it really wasn't that hard). However, this time the pumpkins didn't have silly faces that we enjoy cutting out when we were little. Now that were were much older, we took this art of carving a pumpkin seriously, and I had the best pumpkin ever.

The only pumpkin for me was Jane Austen. I think it turned out quite splendidly.

Now, I will finish my night by watching the new Jane Eyre because its the closest to scary as I'll ever get.



Happy Fall to everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment