Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hammers, and Wrenches, and Saws, OH MY!

Today is my day off. I almost woke up with tears from the joy of not having to stand on my feet all day. Yesterday, around four in the afternoon, my feet were sending me all kinds of signs to sit down. I told my feet to shut up. In my head, not verbally. Then my feet sent shooting pains up my calves. They know how to play dirty. Anyways, my feet and I aren't on speaking terms but hopefully we can reconcile soon because I have to work tomorrow.

This is the part where you want to hear about my job.

Alright then, I will spill because you are all dying to know.

My dad laughed at me because I said that a customer was looking for a jacksaw. For those who are with me in having no idea what is in a hardware store, jacksaws don't exist.

But, jackhammers do.

So, that is how work went. I have a vague idea of what exists in the store and I'm a real expert when it comes to getting mulch. I am the mulch queen. They should make me a sash and tiara and dub me with a sword. They can call me Lady Alexandria of Mulch (part of the name of the town is Alexandria, so it seemed fitting). Other than that I am getting the hang of things. I know once I get everything down and get situated I will enjoy it much more.

Well, I am off to read, read, read because it is the reason for my existence, the reason I breathe, though that fact  that I would turn blue if I didn't suck in some oxygen might play a part in my reasoning, as well.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment